How I’m Keeping your Family Safe for your Studio Portrait Session
As a newborn photographer, I have always taken extraordinary measures to protect my clients during their portrait sessions. From safe posing of your newborn, to comprehensive cleaning procedures for my studio, I take great pride in maintaining among the highest levels of safety in the industry.
As of the Spring of 2020, we are facing a pandemic for COVID-19. In light of the current situation, we are adapting some practices in order to comply with all new safety protocols. Please visit COVID-19 New Jersey for the latest updates and resources from our state.
What I Have Always Done to Keep a Clean and Safe Studio
I have always had standard cleaning procedures in place to ensure that my portrait studio is a safe, clean and welcoming environment. Working with newborns takes a high level of attention to detail, and my clients trust me to keep their babies safe. I do not take that charge lightly. Following are the standard cleaning procedures that we have always adhered to for all studio sessions:
- All wraps and fabrics are washed with a baby-safe detergent after each use.
- All props that are not machine washable are wiped down with non-toxic cleaning agents after each use.
- Hand sanitizer and tissues are provided in the bathroom and common areas.
- Bathroom and baby changing table are cleaned with disinfectant after each session. Disposable liners are provided for the changing table.
- All studio areas are cleaned with non-toxic cleaning agents after each session.
- The studio provides sealed water bottles, a self-serve Keurig coffee machine, and individually wrapped food items for freshness and food-allergy safety.
- Trash receptacles are emptied immediately after each session.
- If anyone in your family is feeling ill, exhibiting a fever or symptoms of a cold or flu nature within 72 hours of your appointment, the session will be rescheduled without penalty.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures post COVID
In response to the current health crisis, I am going above and beyond to ensure the utmost in safety for my clients. In addition to all of the standard cleaning procedures listed above, the studio will now also implement the following enhanced procedures for all studio sessions:
- Photographer will wear face mask.
- All persons entering the studio (except children aged two and under) will be asked to wear face mask. You may bring your own or a disposable one will be provided to you.
- Hand sanitizer will be dispensed to each person before entering.
- We kindly ask that you leave shoes outside; disposable foot booties will be provided before entering.
- Only immediate family members and persons being photographed are allowed to attend.
- All props for the session will be provided by the studio. No props from home, please.
- No naked-baby posing. Diaper will stay on baby for the entire session.
- Camera and lighting gear will be disinfected prior to the session.
- The studio will allow 48 hours or more between sessions to allow for a deep cleaning of the studio and props between clients.
For non-studio sessions, such as outdoor and on-location maternity and family portraits, we will keep you safe by implementing the following protocols:
- Safe distancing of 6 feet will be enforced as much as possible.
- No back-to-back sessions on the same day; only one client per day.
- Photographer will not touch clients to assist with posing or adjusting of hair and clothes; client may ask a family member to assist in this way.
Additional Safety Protocols for all Portrait Sessions
In addition to all of the cleaning procedures outlined above, we are also implementing new protocols in order to limit exposure. This will change the way we conduct in-person meetings and the way we exchange payments and products.
First, all consultations prior to the portrait session will be conducted via telephone or video call. This way, we can still have a discussion to plan out the details for your session, as well as view art products and pricing options without the need to meet in person.
Secondly, the ordering appointment that follows the portrait session will be held via video conference when a safe in-person meeting is not possible. Using screen share, I will show you all of the images from your session. We will review them together to make your selections for the images and artwork that you love most.
Finally, all payments for session fees and product orders will be sent via a secure online link.
Thank You for Your Support!
I want to thank all of my clients and fans for their support over the years. Yvonne Leon Photography has been a professional studio dedicated to baby and family portraiture in New Jersey since 2015. We will continue to provide the highest level of service possible while keeping your families safe. And as always, delivering on the promise of providing you with the most beautiful images of the people you love most in this world.